Santa Barbara County CA Arrest Warrants Search

California Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your California criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

An arrest warrant in Santa Barbara County, California, is generally issued when a complaint is filed with the court magistrate. If the magistrate is satisfied the there is reasonable ground to believe that the charge has been committed, they will sign the order and make it an active warrant.

An arrest warrant allows police to pursue and detain the defendant actively. If police cannot locate the defendant, the order becomes an outstanding warrant. The Santa Barbara Police Department routinely works outstanding warrants and will arrest and extradite subjects anywhere within the Continental United States. A Santa Barbara County, CA arrest warrant stays active until an arrest is made, bail is posted, or the subject appears before the magistrate.

The City of Santa Barbara maintains a web page titled Police Warrants ( wishing to conduct a warrant search. One may also call the Santa Barbara County Sheriff at 805-681-4330 to obtain information on outstanding warrants, or visit their web page at

If your warrant search includes a need for previous arrest records, contact either the Sheriff’s Office or the Superior Court of California Santa Barbara County at 805-568-2780

It may also be useful to use the above search form to explore an online criminal records database for more information.

To determine if an arrest warrant has resulted in an individual currently in custody at a Santa Barbara County Jail, call 805-681-4250.

Is there any way to find information on Santa Barbara County arrests, warrants, and criminal history over the phone? (Current in 2021)

  • To request an incident report, call (805) 681-4180.
  • To give a crime tip, connect with Sheriff’s Office at (805) 681-4171.
  • To report a crime, use the phone number of non-emergency dispatch (805) 681-4100.
  • For information on recent arrests, call the Santa Barbara County Jail at (805) 681-4260.
  • For requesting a criminal history check through Santa Barbara PD, call 805-897-2355.
  • For victim’s assistance and information, call the District Attorney’s Office at (805) 568-2400/ (805) 346-7529/ (805) 737-7910.

Crime statistics for Santa Barbara County, CA

In 2019, the annual crime average of Santa Barbara inched closer to crossing the 1500-case threshold. Of the nearly 1490 complaints filed with the local police, more than 1250 were against property crimes and approximately 250 were against violent crimes. In comparison, 2018 had a lower annual crime average of around 1440 complaints.

From 1999 through 2008, there were over 86,000 crimes reported in Santa Barbara County, California. This averages to about 8,600 each year, or a crime every hour. Out of the total reported crimes, over 80 were murders, 1,000 rapes, and 56,000 thefts. Violent crime rose by 35 percent, while the overall rate climbed 29 percent during this time frame.

Search California arrest records by county: