With the level of technology available to people today, it is not surprising that your neighbor can look up information about you even without your consent. This may include access to some criminal records and arrest warrants. In Tehama County, arrest warrants are issued through the courts, and the courts keep detailed arrest records. Searching for arrest records in Tehama County may require a trip to the courthouse or a written request; however, most records are available to the public.
Is an arrest warrant required for an arrest?
California law allows a police officer to arrest a person even if he does not have the written warrant in his possession. However, if an officer arrests a person without a warrant, it typically means that the officer witnessed the crime. On the other hand, an officer may arrest a person without an outstanding arrest warrant in his physical possession. If the suspect requests to see the arrest warrant, the officer must make a copy available to him as soon as it is practical.
What resources exist for searching arrest warrants or other criminal records in Tehama County?
- Superior Court of California for Tehama County – The court has an online search form for searching case information for Tehama County.
- Criminal Division Superior Court – The Clerk of Court is responsible for maintaining criminal records. If you want a detailed warrant search and copies, you must either go to the courthouse to make a request or do so in writing (following the instructions on the Clerk’s website). There is a fee for copies.
- Tehama County Current Inmates – You can look up information on current county inmates on the Sheriff’s website.
What if I am a victim of a crime in Tehama County?
As a victim of a crime, you have certain rights. The Victims’ Services Unit of the California Office of the Attorney General offers support and information for victims and their families. This includes receiving notifications when an inmate’s status changes. California Victim Services helps victims recover from the emotional devastation caused by crime and may be able to help victims recover some of their financial losses.
How do you look up information on recent arrests and active warrants from Tehama County over the phone? (2021-information)
- To connect with the Detention Center, use the phone number of the Tehama County Jail- (530) 529-7910.
- To file a non-emergency report, call the Sheriff’s Office at (530) 529-7900 ext. 1
- To reach victim’s services, call the DA’s Office at (530) 527-4296.
- To know about arrest records and active warrants, connect with the Administration and Records Division at (530) 529-7940.
- To get information about a criminal occurrence that is still being investigated, call Investigations and Operations at (530) 529-7920.
- For inquiries and information pertaining to Neighborhood Watch and Crime Prevention, contact the law enforcement office at (530) 527-7230.
Tehama County, CA crime statistics
Although the rise in the crime rate of Tehama County in 2019 was just 10% of the annual crime rate of 2018, it could prove to be an indication of a law and order problem spiraling out of control.
In 2019, the local police received around 570 complaints. More than 470 of these were property crimes while violent crimes led to the filing of approximately 100 complaints.
Tehama County is the 41st most populous county in California, with a population of approximately 61,500. Between 1999 and 2008, crime rates fluctuated between a low of roughly 700 crimes per year and a high of over 2,000 crimes per year. During that time, 20% of the total crimes were violent. Compared to 10 other similar counties, Tehama County had the most violent crimes per 1,000 people during the ten years.