Mendocino County, CA Arrest Warrant Search

California Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your California criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

Not only will it be prudent to conduct a background check on a person that you intend to hire in your home or office but also it is vital to find out if there is an outstanding or active arrest warrant that remains un-served against the person in question.

The Sheriff’s Department of Mendocino County, CA, remains the definitive source of information on arrest records. An online alternative for a warrant search is also available if you fill in the form given above. However, before you look for information on a person’s criminal history, it is imperative to understand how arrest records work to get a clear idea about the nature of the crime and the correct legal status of an individual.

An order for arrest when freshly signed by a criminal court’s sitting judge is known as an active warrant. The document is released to the police in response to a written affidavit filed by the local law enforcement agency and the public prosecutor’s office with information on the nature of the crime, the suspect, and the evidence.

Once issued, the active warrant stays in effect regardless of when it has been issued. However, if it is backlogged in the system because an arrest is not made through its use, there is a slight change in terminology, and the document is then called an outstanding warrant. An arrest will be made even when there is an old outstanding warrant against a person.

To ascertain if a warrant has been issued against a person, visit the Sherriff’s Department of Mendocino County with the individual’s first and last name along with your ID proof. They are located at 951 Low Gap Rd, Ukiah, California 95482. Another way is to speak to the records clerk over the phone by dialing 707-463-4411.

How do you get information on Mendocino County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-update)

  • To file a non-emergency complaint, use the dispatch line- (707) 234-2100.
  • To get in touch with a detective who is handling your case (victims only), use the phone number of the Investigative Services Division- (707) 463-4080.
  • To find out more about a criminal case (if you are a victim), call the Criminal Division of the DA’s Office at (707) 463-4211.
  • To learn about inmates currently held in the Mendocino County Jail, call (707) 463-4423.
  • For general information, connect with the Public Information Officer at (707) 463-4083.
  • To learn the procedure for a local criminal background check, call the Records Department at (707) 463-4418.
  • To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Inmate Services Coordinator- (707) 463-4565.
  • To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the District Attorney’s Office at (707) 463-4218.

Crime statistics for Mendocino County, CA

In 2018 and 2019 the annual crime average of Mendocino County stood a few cases short of 600- incidents. Of the complaints filed, around 400 were against property crimes while 200 odd cases were registered against violent crimes. In 2019, there was a slight reduction in the annual average of violent crimes, as the incident rate of this crime category plunged to approximately 180 cases.

An analysis of the criminal incident reports filed between 1999 and 2008 revealed that there had been a staggering rise of almost 100% in the number of violent criminal incidents. Starting at a dismal 100 approximate instances reported annually, the figure has ballooned to well over 200. If this rise continues unabated, there is a genuine risk of the crime rate touching 3000 incidents in the future.

An estimated 1600 criminal reports are filed in the county each year, which brings the decade-long criminal activity to roughly about 16000 instances. Most were related to theft and robbery at over 9000 reports, while murder and rape were at the end of the felony spectrum, with around 40 and 250 incidents reported.

Search California arrest records by county: