There are three choices available for an arrest warrant search in Modoc County, CA. The first, the sheriff’s office, is a no brainer as everybody knows that cops make all arrests and investigate every criminal occurrence in the area. However, did you know that the sheriff’s department also places the request for the issue of all active warrants?
Bench warrants aside, no directive for detention can be issued unless it involves the police in a significant way. Because the sheriff’s office carries out the investigation, which results in the collection of evidence and testimony, it is understandable why the police are considered the judiciary’s eyes and ears.
For your second choice when conducting an inquiry into Modoc County arrest records and outstanding warrants, you get the office of the magistrate. Once the information about a criminal matter is diverted to the magistrate’s office, the decision on whether the arrest warrant gets sanctioned or not lies in the hands of the sitting judge.
Finally, it is the turn of the office of the clerk who handles the court dockets. The county clerk’s deputies are in charge of attending all court sessions to assimilate information about the various cases being heard. So, through this agency, you can get non-criminal and criminal data. To look for records through these state entities, you can visit:
- The office of the sheriff: 102 S Court St, Alturas, California 96101
- The court of the magistrate: 205 S East St, Alturas, CA 96101
- The department of the county clerk: 204 Court Street, Suite 107, Alturas, California 96101
How do you look up information on recent arrests and active warrants from Modoc County over the phone? (2021-information)
- Call the Corrections Division of the Sheriff’s Department for general inquires, to file a complaint, and to inquire about recent arrests- (530) 233-4416.
- Get in touch with the Superior Court to know about the procedure for accessing judicial records- (530) 233-6516
- Connect with the District Attorney’s Office if you are a victim who needs assistance and case-related information- (530) 233-6516
- Use the phone number of the Victim’s Assistance Unit of the DA’s Office for case information- (530) 233-3311.
Crime statistics for Modoc County, CA
Despite the dip of almost 15% in the annual crime rate of Modoc County, the law and order situation in the area gave cause for concern, owing to its exceptionally high violent crime rate. Typically, in other counties, violent crimes account for no more than 25% of the annual crime average
However, in Modoc, the violent crime rate was higher than the property crime rate in 2019. While property crimes led to the filing of 29 of the 60 complaints, violent crimes resulted in 31 criminal cases.
Modoc County, California, has a reasonably low crime rate at just 150 cases filed every year. While most of these are property crimes, about 23 complaints are made against violent criminal acts annually. As far as crime trends are concerned, there has been a growth of nearly 100% in violent criminal occurrences and a spurt of 70% in overall illegal activity.